Bangalore Tourist Tips
Bangalore is reasonably safe, and in general the people are more friendly and helpful. However, the following is a collection of useful tips regarding travel and survival in Bangalore.
- If this is your first time to Bangalore, do not openly admit it, as this will make you more vulnerable to touts.
- Take extra caution when traveling at night most of Bangalore almost shuts down by 11PM.
- Beware of pickpockets on buses and crowded areas.
- Women should avoid crowded places, you might well get groped. If you are ever worried about your safety, make a loud scene. Somebody is always around and willing to help.
- Avoid displaying 500 and 1000 rupee notes in public.
- If you are returning late from a party, it is advisable to pre-book cabs through reputed Cab companies.
- Drink only bottled mineral water after ensuring that the seal of the bottle is in place.
- Do not blindly believe on the advice of taxi and auto drivers. Always maintain a safe personal distance from them. Always make sure that the travel agent is a member of one an official accredited associations, such as the Indian Association of Tour Operators.